Thursday, June 25, 2020

Tesla's upcoming Battery Day

A while back, maybe 8 years now, I remember watching a video of the Tesla Model S vs. an Audi on stage demoing the time in takes to refuel.

You can see this here https://youtu.be/6_XEv2f_Uhw. I can't find the original video but this is what I remember.

You'll hear Elon talking about the quick replacement of the battery packs and you'll see it happening on stage, not once but 3 times, while the Audi is being filled up with gas.

When I saw this I thought this would be awesome.  You could setup this underground at Supercharger sites and/or petrol stations to drop out a battery to be reconditioned underground meantime replacing it with a newly reconditioned one.  You'd have maybe 20 batteries in this underground system in various states on reconditioning and recharging, ready to go into the next car to roll up.  This would give you a ”refuelling” time of less than a has gas guzzler.

I'd say that would be somewhat revolutionary and definitely worth making it into a day called Battery Day.  Don't you?

You can quote me on this if I'm right 👍

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home